We are still here... still waiting... still feeling like we described below (although perhaps with just a little less intensity... maybe...).
As of today, we have been waiting 14 weeks for our referral. I keep trying to remind myself that when we first got news that we were officially waiting, I didn't think we were likely to get a referral until mid-June; Ryan was more optimistic with a late May guess (see our guesses on the side bar). But then we entered the 3-5 month window and there were all these referrals and we watched ourselves move up the FBI and, well, yeah, we let ourselves imagine the possibility that the call just might happen any minute. Ugh.
We are a little calmer now, trying to remain optimistic and excited, but without being consumed by anxiety (I am not saying we are successful). Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm with you. That euphoria gives way to reality. It's hard not to get caught up in the moment but then you have to temper that with reality. I looked at the f.b.i. list again. You can see what you think but it looks to me, that boy referrals avg about 3.5 months with girl referrals at 4 months. That was a quick look, no hard crunching of numbers. Anyway, it will happen when it happens and the moment will be quite wonderful.
Good luck,
Jan
Hang in there - the call will come soon!
Mer, I am so with you on this. I try so hard to not let myself get excited, but how can you NOT get excited- get hopeful- when so many around us are receiving the call?
Post a Comment