Wednesday, May 28, 2008

:(

I feel somewhat at a loss for words these days.

I'd like to post happy, funny, light things, but I'm not really feeling happy, funny, or light. This part of the wait is hard and, much as I tried to prepare myself for this, I cannot keep myself from having some pretty down days. What can I say - we have 16.5 weeks of waiting under our belt and we're not getting any better at it.

9 comments:

DC said...

I'm thinking of you and hoping you get your referral ASAP! I can only imagine how excruciating the wait must be.

I'm so happy I found your blog! My husband and I are in the very early stages of an Ethiopian adoption and have narrowed our options down to Gladney and one other agency. I'd love to get your input on Gladney.

I'm new to the blogosphere, so please stop by and say hello if you get a chance. :)

http://lupuspie.blogspot.com

P.S. You have an adorable furbaby!

graceling said...

Meredith, weeks 16-18 were by far the hardest for me. So far, week 19 is not that bad. But it might be a bit premature to make that judgement.

I am hoping you won't be waiting too much longer!

Jana said...

it won't be too long now---your're mostly done!!!

Jana said...

you're. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you some encouragement and hope as you wait: **************! This will all be worth it once you finally see who you've been waiting for! Hang in there - it can't be much longer now. -Shasta

J, A, T and Y said...

I am starting to feel this way the closer we get to the window...so hard to wait. Hope your call is coming!

Adoption Cubed said...

I am so sorry to read how heavy "the wait" is weighing on you. I know it is tough and nothing prepares you for it. I hope you get the call of relief soon.
Rebecca

Heather said...

Hang in there, and keep on smiling. You will get the call very soon... I just feel it!!! I find that hanging with my dog and going on nice long walks helps clear my thoughts and calms me. I hope you feel "happy, funny & light" again soon!

Anonymous said...

I just knew you and Grace would have rec'd your referral this week. Here's to getting that call VERY SOON.

Jan