We've been trying to avoid making baby-related purchases, as we fear the possibility of staring at an empty nursery for months. But that fear is competing with my desire to start planning for our child's arrival... and the need to try to enjoy the waiting/expecting phase of this process (difficult as that seems to be lately).
So... we did it! We finally made our first significant purchase:
We are ready for "the call" now (well, minus a crib, bottles, changing table, clothes...).
ps -The doll is EJ's training "coach." You might remember our dog trainer's advice that we try to get EJ adjusted to there being a little one around...

6 comments:
It's so cool!!! I saw one at the mall the other day and thought of you.
So funny you should post about this. I think some people are going to give me a shower; and all of the sudden, I'm kind of like: bring it on! :)
The look on EJ's face is priceless!
Jan
I think EJ likes the doll...sort of.
What kind of stroller is that? I love the color!
love your new stroller! i, too, have put off buying anything until we know for sure age, etc....but i think your stroller was a great purchase...everybody needs a stroller for their baby!
also, love the baby doll idea for e.j. maybe i should try that with our new puppy. however, i think he will just think it is a new chew toy!! ha! hopefully, you will hear something soon!!
I totally approve of all baby related purchases. They're comforting! It's fun!
I'm praying that you get your call soon!!!!
Although EJ might be thinking differently....
Oh...BLAH is worse than delirium. It's the realization that your referral will come with no chance at a court date (which I knew but couldn't accept until this week) before they close. Which means all new paperwork and more waiting. I do know that eventually we will get to our little one. It's just a phase. I'll enter delirium once I see a face. We're going on vacation next week, no fon and no computer...Just what the doctor ordered!
I am totally keeping my fingers crossed for you and Grace to get the call while I'm gone though!
Jan
Post a Comment