Friday, May 30, 2008

hiatus

I would like to thank everyone for the encouraging emails and comments.... It really does mean so much to us.

It has been a pretty tough week for me. Can't quite explain why this week seems to be worse than last. And hoping that next is better, but as I sit here today, well, I've got a knot in my stomach and tears in my eyes... and I can't shake the feeling that something is not quite right.

So I am taking a break. I don't really enjoy blogging or reading blogs much these days. I am genuinely thrilled and excited for those who have received their referrals lately, but I would be lying if I said that it was not also quite painful seeing everyone close to us on the waitlist receive their referrals (and, in fact, some waiting several weeks less than us), while we sit with no idea of why or when or what's going on...

Anyway....

The good news is that Ryan's sister arrives this morning for a long weekend visit and we've got some fun things planned. And then next week we will leave on a much needed vacation, although I am less than excited by the realization that I will probably be sitting on the beach, colorful cocktail in hand, with my blackberry and cell phone within reach and adoption on my mind - not exactly what I was looking for. Oh well.

And with that... signing off for a bit.

8 comments:

graceling said...

Oh, Meredith. I can so so so relate. I do know exactly how you feel. I am hoping today brings your "cure"- be sure to call or text if it does- and feel free to do so if you just need some moral support!

Jana said...

blessings, Meredith. I hope you're wrong, and that your vacation is indeed relaxing!

Text me if you get your referral! :)

Jana said...

sorry--that was jana. :)

Angie said...

Take that break, M. Just know we are pulling for you! They are cranking out the referrals over there and yours has to be just on the horizon.

Anonymous said...

I so understand. When we were waiting on our daughter from Taiwan, EVERYONE who had court dates the same day as us traveled within a month of their court date. We didn't travel for 4 months. (They couldn't find the birth mother to sign off on paperwork) You go through that down period. You DO need a break. You will come back with a renewed spirit. Have fun and I have my fingers crossed for you.

Jan

Lori said...

I think most everyone adopting has to take a break now and then from the blogging world. As wonderful as this community is, becoming obsessive about the timelines and comparing can really sap energy (believe me, I know). And as happy as I was for a couple of families who were traveling to get their kids, I would sit and read their blogs and just sob, so sad that we weren't with them (this is after that infamous January 4th denial of our adoption).
Ted was really happy when I decided to take a break from reading blogs, and if that's what you need to do, do it.

Lori said...

And I'm not saying that *you* obsess over timelines (I fell into that trap a few times along the way). That didn't come out right. It's what I get for leaving comments on little sleep. Sorry

~Laura~ said...

thinking about you and praying for you!!