Tuesday, March 11, 2008

another week down!

Five weeks down.

And I still can't help wondering how many more are ahead of us.

Isn't it funny how we long to get to certain milestones (agency approval... CIS approval... waitlist... referral...), imagining that the completion of that step will make us feel so much better. And it does, briefly. It's just that with the conclusion of each big step, we also find that we are that much more anxious to move onto the next phase.

Hmmm....

Anyway, I apologize for not being much of a blogger lately. Things have been a bit hectic here - not helped by the fact that I've been trying to adjust my schedule so that I can stay up late to talk to Ryan who has been in South Africa (he's flying home as I write - yay!!). I am tired!! Speaking of which (the talking to Ryan across an ocean, not being tired) - we've mostly kept in touch this past week by video chat thru aol messenger and it made me think that it would be a great way to keep in touch and share our experiences with friends and family when we finally do travel to Ethiopia. Don't know if anyone reading this has already traveled there, but if you have, could you comment/email me and let me know how internet service was. Is the connection good enough for video chats? Not sure we'll actually want to bring a laptop given how much other stuff we'll be taking, but it is a cheap and fun way to keep in touch.

Going to try to catch up on some sleep (oh, and the Eliot Spitzer scandal - who would've thought??), but I promise to check in again here soon.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I totally relate to the phases...it is funny how many we pass through and how each is a tiny victory but there is always another milestone to complete until you reach that final goal! It won't be long now - and as another friend said to me today who is also in process, this time next year, we will all be home and holding our little ones. Now that's exciting!

Laura W. said...

What a wild ride we're on....We get all juiced up from the amount of paperwork, phone calls and the collecting of everything we need to put together our dossier. Many people think that's the difficult part. NOT! The waiting is painful! We adopted twins from Korea 2 years ago. Trust me when I tell you..the waiting is like labor pains...once you get the phone call you forget all about the pain of waiting. My husband and I are currently on the waiting list for a baby from Ethiopia. So....I'm feeling your pain. Oops..gotta go my Governer is about to resign...you can't make this stuff up.. Laura:)

Susan and Chad said...

Hey guys - we're following your journey - we find it "part of the adoption experience" to journey with others as well! We're counting the weeks/months right along with you - all we can do is wait and keep our eyes on the horizon...may there be peace in the waiting...
Chad and Susan