Today marks one month since we were put on Gladney's wait list! And according to Gladney's estimates that puts us somewhere between one-fifth to one-third of the way towards our referral (I'd like to place my vote for one-third).
There hasn't been much to report lately (at least not on our end - but check out the Rooneys who finally (FINALLY!!) got the amazing news they had been hoping for). Anyhow, as I was saying, so far the wait has been pretty uneventful for us. I wouldn't say we have been able to put the whole waiting and wondering thing out of our minds, but we are starting to comfortably settle into the place where it is a relief to be done with all the paperwork, where we can envision the end of this process... but we do not yet have the anxiety that inevitably will come as we enter the "estimated timeframe for a referral."
Of course we're still not quite ready to start making any major purchases or preparations for our child. The lion (see below) will have to do for now. But for the moment we are at least experiencing a sense of calm, something that has been quite rare over the last several months!
I realize this was not the most exciting post, but I'm going to have to leave it at this for now. Ryan is in South Africa (more on that later) and EJ is not pleased that I am in the office/soon to be child's bedroom typing away at the computer. EJ really is not a fan of anyone spending time in this room. Poor thing has no idea what's to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congratulations on 1 month down! Isn't it funny how you can finally breathe once all the paperwork is done. No more notaries, post office, Fed Ex....aaahhhh.
Poor little EJ. We've taken your advice and downloaded crying baby audio! I also roll the stroller around the house. I look crazy, but hey, we're prepping! :)
Post a Comment