Referrals are flowing! Look here and here and here....
We've been following a lot of these families on their journeys, and it is so exciting to read when one has finally been matched with their child. We don't actually know any of these people... but it sure does feel like we do. And we are celebrating with all of them.
As for us, well, today marks six weeks on the waitlist and all these referrals are giving us an added boost of optimism that we might be getting close to the end of this part of our own journey (I think in many ways the journey will just begin when we finally do meet our child!).
So what have we been doing the past few weeks:
* training ej (or trying), so that he's on his best behavior when our little one does arrive (and yes, this entails carrying around a baby doll - slathered in mustela baby cream to make it smell like a real kid - to try to get mr. j used to us paying attention to someone other than him). You can see his take on our efforts below ;)
* me - cooking dinner for Ryan for the first time in the 4 years we've been together (yes, I know, it's sad... I won't even tell you how lost I was in the grocery store trying to find things. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I have the best husband.)
* cleaning out the closet in the second bedroom so that we have somewhere to put all things baby (okay, okay... cleaning out two shelves in said closet. We have a lot of work ahead of us.)
* making our wedding album -yes, we finally met with our photographer and the album should arrive in April.
* stalking all the blogs of those ahead of us on the wailist - and it seems to be working - the referrals are coming!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Six sweet weeks! That is fabulous! Cute little EJ! I think he knows what's up! I also think perhaps we need some more pictures of that handsome little pup!
I am still getting a kick out of you carrying a doll slathered in baby cream!!! Now that's cute!
I like picturs of dogs... When I can't get a picture of a baby, a dog is a close second, so I second Jess- more puppie pics!
6 and a half weeks! YIPEEEEE!
I'm going to email you offline about sweet EJ and another little thing. ;)
Now I'm tagging you on my blog. It's for good luck, I promise!
Oh man- I tagged you too. Double tag. I should have read Angie's blog first...
Post a Comment