Thursday, December 13, 2007

in case you still have some holiday shopping to do...

Since I'm tired of writing about all of the frustrations of adoption, I thought I'd switch gears today and post about one of our holiday gifts this year - Marcus Samuelsson's The Soul of a New Cuisine.

For those who don't know, Marcus Samuelsson is a well-known chef in the NYC area. He also happens to be an Ethiopian man who was adopted by a Swedish couple when he was a child. The book is a cookbook inspired by his travels through Africa (including, of course, Ethiopia), and, in addition to recipes that look absolutely amazing, the book contains tons of beautiful pictures and stories about Samuelsson's travels. Oh, and if that's not enough to pique your interest, Samuelsson is donating a portion of the profits from the book to UNICEF.

We can't wait to try out all the great-looking recipes (and yes, by "try out" that means Ryan cooks, I taste!)!!

Tomorrow we will revert back to our regularly scheduled program "Adoption Frustrations with M&R - Episode: More Fun at the Bank." Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget you have Mom & Dad G behind you too!
Love you both!!