Wednesday, December 12, 2007

stuff

OK. So I was so sure that good news was on its way, that I was not going to write any new posts until I could announce our Gladney Approval, but that's starting to seem like it may take a while and I hate to disappoint my faithful readers (all 4 or 5 of you!).

(Actually, I first had this brilliant idea about not posting about two weeks ago, when Gladney told us they had our homestudy report and gave me the impression that it would be just a few days before we got that famous approval email I've seen shared on many blogs, but that was clearly not to be.... Oh well. I've certainly rambled on enough about that.)

Interestingly, Gladney sent an email today to families in the Ethiopia program acknowledging that they have been a bit overwhelmed as the program has grown substantially recently, and they apologized for delays in process that families have been experiencing. They are in the process of increasing staff, etc. and are trying to get back on track. I've seen some numbers posted on other people's blogs and it really is amazing how quickly the Ethiopian program has grown - I think there are currently more than three times as many families in this program as one year ago!

As we have shared, we have certainly been disappointed in the way things have been going lately, but it is hard to be too upset when you stop and think about the reason - that is, that so many more people are adopting from Ethiopia, meaning so many more children will find homes soon. Not to say I won't be having at least a few more breakdowns as we continue along this road, but we are trying to focus more on the positive, and to let things play out however they may (wish this control freak some luck!).

So.... on to the positive. We've got our travel visas!! I can't believe we forgot about getting visas, but I guess we've been so consumed by adoption and work and holidays and everything else, that, well, our upcoming vacation was the last thing on our minds. I have been treating it as though it's months away, but it's almost here!! Woo hoo!!! Let the countdown begin....

2 comments:

Joanne K said...

Hi - You have more "faithful readers" than you think, at least 4 or 5 just in our family.
Hopefully progress will be evident when you return from your trip. You have actually accomplished quite a lot in a short time, I think, but I know it is hard to be patient! Mom K

m&r said...

Thanks Mom K. Whatever the number, we are glad that you are able to follow along and share our journey with us!