Sunday, November 4, 2007

running around

It was marathon day here in NYC, so Ryan and I went to Central Park for a bit to watch the runners and look for one of my friends who was running (we saw him just shy of the finish line and he looked terrific!!). I am always so in awe of the runners.... I would actually love to run the marathon myself and like to think that one day I might go for it (I write this even though I currently run way less than I did a couple of years ago... which is way less than it was a few years before that... you get the point). Anyway, we did hit the gym tonight and I had a better run than I have in a while (if nothing else, seeing 38,000 people running 26.2 miles is excellent motivation for a workout!).

On the adoption front, we're hoping to go to the county clerk tomorrow in person to get a certified copy of our marriage certificate (if you've seen my posts below, you understand that trying to obtain it by mail seems to be a lost cause) and to go get fingerprinted for the state criminal clearance and FBI clearance.

We are also gearing up for our homestudy on Tuesday - i.e. cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning (fortunately, we're both off from work tomorrow, because we did not exactly make great strides on that front today). I have to admit that sometimes this whole process doesn't quite feel real, but I imagine the homestudy will change that a bit. It will actually be the first time we meet with anyone from our agency in person. Everything else we've done so far has been by phone, email, and in writing. The homestudy is also the final step before our agency officially "approves" us, so it's definitely a milestone.

I don't have much more to share today, but we'll definitely check in after our homstudy visit - hopefully to say that it went very well.

No comments: