I made it.
To my surprise, my first week back at work was much easier than I imagined. Simon did great, and I was able to enjoy getting back into a work routine and catching up with friends and colleagues, without too much guilt and anxiety.
I suspect that being a working mom and getting used to less time with Simon will all hit me a little bit harder in the coming weeks, as the novelty of going back to work wears off and the daily grind starts to take more of a toll on me... but I am glad to have taken the first step - leaving Simon as I walked out the door and headed for my office for the first time was something I had been anticipating and fearing for a while.
Thank you to everyone who commented/emailed with good wishes and support. It's funny how sometimes even though you know that you are making the right and best decision for yourself and your family, you still crave the support of others. It means a lot to know I am not alone in this effort to embrace my new role as "working mother" and search for balance in my life.
To that end... I know that I have been tagged by Jennifer who wants to hear what I and others have resolved to accomplish in 2009. I've been thnking about that for a while and I will definitely post my thoughts soon - yeah, I know, I've promised to complete tags before and never did... but this time I really, really mean it. I resolve to do it ;) After all, one of my resolutions is to get back to being a better blogger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so glad your first week went well.. I know that was daunting for you. Way to go! Just be confident in knowing that YOU know what's best for your family. take care!
becca
Congratulations on you and Simon making it through the first week with such flying colors!!
Post a Comment