As we try to prepare for our upcoming trip to Ethiopia (I can still hardly believe I am writing the words "upcoming trip to Ethiopia"), I've been thinking a lot about what kind of gifts to bring to Belay and the caregivers at Gladney's facilities. I would like to do something meaningful to them....
So I had an idea... but I need your help.
Do you know those photobooks you can make on sites like my publisher and kodak gallery? (see here for an example) We've created a few after big trips and events, and they really do come out great. So I thought it would be a nice idea to create a book that included photos of Gladney kids and families - waiting families too (can be pics of the kids while in the care center, back at home, with your family/friends, whatever...). It's something I think the caregivers would enjoy having and it will last a long time. But this will only work if I can get others on board.
So if this sounds like a good idea to you and you'd be interested in being a part of the book, leave me your email address in a comment... or send me an email at mgrkej @ yahoo.com. I will only use photos that are provided to me for the book (I won't download them from anyone's blog/website and I won't use any photos people have sent me of their kids for other reasons... and, of course, I would only use any photos in order to create the book - that's a promise).
*quick update - if you email pics, let me know how you want me to "label" to pics in the book - i.e. with you and your family members' first and/or last names, city, states.... I will only use last names if people are comfortable with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Wow, I love this idea, I think it's brilliant.....! I'm in. Let me know what works. Here's my email:
schoolmom5@comcast.net
sweet idea mer!!! we are in!
That is a great idea! Congrats on getting through court- we are thrilled for you. Email me at rvzalbertson@gmail.com and let me know how many pics, etc, and I'll email back the rest of the info. I think the caretakers will LOVE this!!!
becca (mom of Sam... brought home in April... he was in both baby houses)
WHat a wonderful idea! We brought Sophie home last September - we'd love to be a part of it. Thanks so much - hdaileader@optonline.net
We are still waiting for our referral, but we would love to participate. Let us know what we need to do.
henie@earthlink.net
What a GREAT idea!! I'm e-mailing you now...
Great idea! so you want waiting families as well? What would you like family pics? I'd love to participate.
Awesome idea! I'll send some pictures tomorrow.
Renee
That is seriously an ingenious idea! i have nothing for ya (still waiting) but I just wanted to commend you on your original idea!
Congrats on your precious new son! What a doll!
Love the book idea. I would be happy to contribute. Please email me at blessed2bemomof3@yahoo.com
Blessings to you
Wonderful idea! Here's our email:
ourownrooney@gmail.com
Thanks for putting this together. What a great idea. We would love to take part, mquinn_kiheihs@yahoo.com
You can email us at robertsfamily@mlgc.com and we'll get you some photos. They'll LOVE it! ~Shelly
Post a Comment