Wednesday, July 30, 2008

still working...

When we first got the news that we had been given a court date prior to the court closure, I felt like everything was in overdrive, moving at warp speed. We were so unprepared for that news - literally. No crib, no clothes... no diapers, bottles, wipes, highchair... pretty much nothing ready for Baby A's arrival. (don't get me wrong, we were beyond thrilled - just a bit overwhelmed too)

We immediately got started on baby preparations: cleaning out the to-be nursery (see post below), ordering a crib, bedding, clothes, making lists of everything we need... Dare I say it was almost (almost) as though things were suddenly moving too quickly??

Well, have no fear, after a blissful 48 hours or so, the past couple of weeks have been painfully slow and filled with a new kind of anxiety. August 5th feels like it is an eternity away. And the lack of movement for many of the families waiting for their cases to be finalized continues to frustrate, sadden, disappoint, and even scare me a bit. With the courts set to close on August 8 for about two months, we don't have much room for error.

I've said it before: this is a crazy process, an emotional roller coaster, one of the greatest challenges we've ever taken on.

But we are pushing through and trying to stay positive. We are hopeful and continue to try to prepare ourselves and our home for Baby A's arrival.

The latest:


(since we expect to be moving in the next 6 months or so, we figured we'd try to keep it simple... not paint... but we've still got a few more "acres" to decorate)



bedding:





**Once again, I ask everyone to keep Jennifer & Jody in your thoughts. It's been a really tough few days for them.

2 comments:

graceling said...

Take heart, my friend... 2 families did pass on Monday! (They were just non-FBI families:)

Also, I can totally relate to how you feel. Overwhelmed. Warp speed. And although it is only 132-138 hours until we will hear something, it feels like it might as well be 132 DAYS!

Love the little farm:) MOOO!

Jennifer said...

I love it- adorable.
Thank you for remembering us...I am hoping that this brick wall will disappear soon.