In other words, prior to learning about our court date, our preparations for baby A pretty much consisted of purchasing a stroller and a couple of stuffed animals. And that's about it. (Actually, it at one point also consisted of cleaning out the closet in the to-be-nursery, but let's just say that if you looked at the closet last week, you wouldn't believe that.)
Since then we've been on a baby shopping spree. Baby A is going to be one very cool, well-dressed kid, I tell you. We've started to order furniture and items for the nursery and to make lists of everything we need. We began the process of re-cleaning out the closet. And... we started to transform our "office" (in quotes because very little work actually gets done in said office) into a nursery fit for a king.
We started with this...
Then we had this...
and now we have this...
(yup that's baby A's crib, not yet put together and not including a mattress, because why would we think of buying a mattress when we bought the crib?? I told you we still had a lot to do!)
We will be giving away these...
Oh. And in our bedroom, where we once had this...

We now have this :(
Everything is changing... but definitely for the better!!
** Before I sign off for the night, I must send all my good wishes to Jennifer and Jody (you should too) who have a court date tomorrow. We can't wait to hear that the other baby A is officially their son!

3 comments:
SO fun. I sort of think it may actually MORE fun to have to kick it into high gear and get ready quickly. Hope so, b/c we don't have anything, either! :)
Thinking of you guys!!!!
that is almost EXACTLY the transformation our house took on.
thanks for the shout out! no word yet....
transformation is a GOOD thing! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Post a Comment