By now, I've pretty much stopped counting the weeks since we were placed on the waitlist, as the passing of these weeks no longer seems to represent the fact that we are getting closer to a referral, so much as the fact that we have been waiting far longer than anticipated. I think we're at 21 or 22 weeks down now. Too many, if you ask me. Oh. And we exit the "window" this weekend.
But we are coping better these days. I guess you can get better at waiting if you have to do it long enough!!
Anyhow, I know I've been a bad blogger lately. I have to admit that detaching ourselves somewhat from the adoption process has been part of our coping mechanism. It's not that we've put our adoption out of our minds. I don't really want to do that and it wouldn't be possible, even if I did. But I'm actually pretty happy if I don't have to talk too much about it these days. Because... well... what more can I say?
So, we are throwing ourselves into other things (the hunt for a new apartment; a new travel venture...) and trying to make the most of this summer before it passes us by. And, hey, EJ is certainly enjoying the extra time as our only "child."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I hear ya! So wish it was different or at least wish we knew when it would be different. Would make it much easier. I guess no one ever said it would be easy, ay? *sigh*
We'll get there.....
Jan
One other thing, I cannot wait to see pics of your next travels. You guys go to the greatest destinations and have the neatest adventures.
Jan
Oh, do tell us more about your next adventure! I am traveling vicariously through you:)
We are coping the same way! I have stopped documenting the weeks b/c they just don't mean what they used to!! Think of it as extra quality time for EJ and as a couple...that is what we keep telling ourselves as well!! Keep me posted on your apartment and your trip :)
thinking of you. blog union? :)
Post a Comment