Today marks twelve weeks on the waitlist. And in less than one week, we will officially be in the "referral window" - i.e. Gladney's estimated 3-5 month timeframe from waitlist to referral!!
And while I celebrate each milestone, I am also trying not to focus too much on them. Certainly we could still have a very long wait ahead - be it a slower referral time, waiting for a court date, not making it through court the first time, not making it through court before the annual closure, etc. As I have done through so many stages of the process, I must temper my excitement with small doses of reality (some might even say pessimism). It is sometimes a challenge balancing hope and excitement with a need to protect ourselves from disappointment.
Anyway...
The wait continues... and as I've expressed before, there's nothing particularly exciting (or interesting) about that. Relatively speaking, this is a "good" time in the wait - we have been waiting long enough to believe that a referral is in sight, but not so long that our expectations have proven to be too lofty. But still... it's just waiting.
So Gladney - if you are reading, we are ready for your call anytime. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey...I totally understand. Totally. I'm certainly rooting for you to get a referral soon. E.J. needs a playmate.
We are waiting a boy 12-18 months, so I especially watch those in front of us with similar criteria.
Jan
Post a Comment