Tuesday, January 29, 2008

things to do while waiting

I suppose the title of this post should actually be "things to do while waiting to be waiting," since we're still not officially on the Gladney waitlist, but as far as I can tell, officially waiting is going to be a lot like waiting to be waiting (minus a tiny bit of anxiety, as we keep our fingers crossed that all of our documents make it through the authentication process without incident).

So anyway, finishing up the paperwork has left us with a lot of free time on our hands, which means we can finally devote some time to other things like:

1) making our wedding album - did I mention we got married in 2006? (yes mom, we are finally seeing our photographer this weekend...)
2) checking email constantly for a message from Kate saying that our docs have been authenticated
3) betting on when we will officially be on the waitlist
4) betting on when we will receive a referral
(yeah, I know, numbers 2, 3, and 4 are not exactly productive...)
5) looking for a new apartment (they say housing prices are dropping - can someone tell the NYC real estate market??)
6) saying things like, "can you imagine doing this with a kid?!??"
7) watching some of the zillion movies we have DVR'ed
8) "window shopping" for strollers, cribs, clothes, etc.
(can't quite bring ourselves to buy anything just yet, not to mention, we don't know who we're shopping for)
9) dreaming of our next vacation (this actually started on the plane ride home from Bhutan/India)... and
10) wondering whether our next vacation will be as a twosome or a threesome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Cappy!!!

Angie said...

i love your list and i may steal a few of your ideas. i'm running out! :)

Angie said...

oh, especially the wedding album one - and we were married in 2004 so you've got us beat!

Jana said...

I am with you on window shopping. I'm not quite ready to actually buy anything. But I have honed in on strollers, for some reason. I am fascinated by researching them!

Lori said...

I ended calling the "wait to wait" simply "waiting" and then the *official wait* "Waiting" with capital W. Cause it's a hellova lot of waiting, both waiting and Waiting.

Ah, NYC real estate...can't imagine what that must be like, though I'm very interested since I have dreams of living there at some point in my life.