I had been planning to update the blog today, even though not much has been happening on the adoption front. At this stage of the game, it's a lot of waiting around, not to mention that we've been pretty much spending our time this week either catching up on work or catching up on sleep after our trip. But I was wrong. We have lots to share.
Because today I came home to find:
(i) another copy of my birth certificate in the right form (For those who have been following this blog, you know this about the 4th or 5th copy I've obtained. I was wrong recently when I said I had finally received the right form. I received the right form - i.e. the "long" form - but it didn't have a letter of exemplification which is necessary. This was the only document we were still missing for our dossier.)... AND
(ii) our CIS Approval/I-171H. Yes, that's right, the all important CIS Approval!!! That's a 9 day turnaround!!! Go New York City Citizenship and Immigration Services Office!!
Oh and I also came home to an email from Ryan saying he was grabbing a few drinks with some friends after work, so EJ and I are celebrating without him!
We are officially done with the paperchase. Let the waiting begin!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
congrats to you guys! what a great feeling!! celebrate BIG!
Congrats!!! That's huge! :)
Post a Comment