Hi... remember us? the couple with the adorable kid and crazy (but also adorable) dog... the ones who used to blog all the time, sharing all the ups and downs of our son's adoption process and always promising (but never quite living up to those promises) to do the same with our second adoption process....
We're still here. I realize you wouldn't really know it from the lack of posting, but we are.
As usual, life is hectic and crazy and always keeping us on our toes. And as usual, we are loving it, but often feeling as though we are one step behind. And so the days pass and guzo sits untouched.
But as Simon's caregiver was under the weather today (we hope you feel better soon!!) and I was "forced" to take the afternoon off from work (twist my arm!).... I thought I would take advantage of a little down time during Simon's nap to say hello to my 3-4 loyal readers and anyone else who may have stumbled across the blog. So hello everyone!!!
Hmm... so where do I begin??
You may have noticed that we have passed the 3 month mark of our wait for a referral. It's exciting - it does start to feel a little more like we are really on our way now. But we still have so, so long to go. Probably 5-6 more months until a referral... another 2-4 after that until a court date and maybe, just maybe, if things go smooth, travel a month or so later.... i.e. we could still be waiting a good year or more before we can bring home our daughter.
I looked back to remind myself of what passing the three month mark was like when we were adopting Simon (as if I don't remember each and every moment - I do... sometimes better than I'd like to!). Boy have things changed. In 2008, it was totally reasonable to think a referral could come any day after hitting that 3 month milestone. And the time from referral to travel was often just a couple of months more. So we were anxious and energized and hopeful and excited and buzzing!! In 2010, 3 months is not much more than a "good start" towards a much, much longer wait... and so laid back remains our M.O. (albeit laid back with a few random moments of window shopping for little girl's clothing or chatting about how we will set up her bedroom or what we will call her....).
Of course, in 2008, we did not have a 2.5 year old to help keep our minds off the roller coaster ride we call adoption. For sure, Simon keeps us busy and our lives full.
He has recently started pre-school... It's been a slow adjustment, although I think we are finally reaching the turning point where he trusts his new teachers and is starting to look forward to crafts and French and gym and yoga (man have things changed since I was in pre-school). We are also continuing swimming lessons (also a slow adjustment... he really gets excited to go to the pool, but you probably wouldn't know it if you were watching. let's just say Simon's face and the water are still not that interested in getting to know one another). And then there's cooking class. I think Simon would be happy if he never went anywhere else. We sometimes wonder whether his love/obsession with all things cooking will pass or if this is really the start of a true passion. It will definitely be interesting to watch....
And since I am anticipating that Simon will be waking up any minute... I will sign off again. Hoping to post a few pictures from the second half of the summer soon and to do a better job at posting generally (though I won't promise anymore... I get it... I'm just not that good at keeping up with the blog and I hate making promises I can't keep). Until then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment