Should I just start every post with my new "I am a bad blogger" mantra?
There are actually tons of blog post thoughts and ideas running through my mind all the time, but it seems that I continue to be unable to translate those thoughts and ideas into actual posts. Sometimes it's just a time thing (i.e. there is no time) and sometimes I just don't know how to put my thoughts and feelings into words.
Today is one of those days where I actually have the time to write, but I don't really have it in me to write a particularly deep or thoughtful post. One is coming... I feel it. But today I will be keeping it simple.
As I've noted before, in addition to being a great way to keep family and friends up-to-date on our adoption processes, guzo has also been a sort of journal for our family and one of the best records we have of Simon's first couple of years. We're both pretty nuts with our cameras (we took about 3000 photos on our honeymoon), so I know we will have a zillion pictures of Simon to help us remember all of the great moments - big and small - that we share together. But this blog lets me record all of the things the pictures can't capture, like his favorite music (Black Eyed Peas, Elmo's Alphabet Rap, a Nick Jr. song about cows, chickens and pigs - yes, he has very eclectic taste!), his favorite activities (cooking still reigns supreme, anything letter oriented is also very cool) and whatever else he's up to (swimming lessons, tricycle riding)....
So I hope you will indulge me once again as I take this opportunity to record some of our current life with Simon.
In no particular order...
Favorite words/phrases: bumblebee, bagel shop, mac-y-mole (guacamole), basco (tabasco), Si do it, cooking class, ride train, ride plane, World Trade Center, dancing feet, why sleep?? (this last one is a bit problematic).
Things Simon is doing that I think are so cute and brilliant (and they are), but are probably the things all 2.5 year olds do: narrating TV shows (either he has memorized them or he repeats every line), "reading" books on his own, dancing along to videos, tv, and movies, climbing on everything, telling us how to cook ("make pasta... need pan... need water... need oil...."), trying to be like Mommy and Daddy (wearing our shoes, carrying our bags, eating our food (off our plates -so much better than eating off his own plate), trying to be like EJ ("digging" on the carpet while saying "no digging EJ" and laughing - I know I need to put a stop to this one!)...
Always enjoys: COOKING!!, cookie ice cream, playgrounds and water parks, his cousin Matthew (and Matthew's house, which is understandable, because cousin Matthew's house has way more toys than Simon's house!), Little Bear, birthday cake (doesn't matter whose), riding in the car (unless the ride exceeds an hour or two), doing things that he knows he is not supposed to do (can you say rebel??).
On the horizon: nursery school starting in a few weeks, and, of course, a little sister he has no idea about yet!
What a great journey we are on!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment