So the Spring continues to fly by even though it has only just begun. And I keep wanting to write a more interesting or meaningful or funny post, but it seems I keep finding myself either too exhausted to write or, in the mood to write, but unable to think of witty, interesting things to say! So forgive me if guzo is not all it can be these days... I'm working on it.
As for adoption round 2, the last of our application documents are at Gladney and we have only a couple of documents left to complete our dossier (yes, including the bank letter... ugh, ugh, ugh!). We now wait for our homestudy to be finalized so that it can be sent to CIS, but other than that, we are moving right along.
Otherwise, things have been a bit hectic in our house as of late and they won't be calming down any time soon. (Hectic and crazy and I still don't have anything interesting to write about. Hmm... Writer's block, anyone??)
We've got a bit of travel ahead of us, as I've got three work trips between April and July and Ryan may have one as well. Then we'll be taking a family trip in early August to visit Ryan's family. (Dare I admit that once upon a time I thought it would be really, really cool to have a job that required lots of travel. What was I thinking???). Fortunately I convinced the boys to join me on one of my work trips to Germany, as I really don't like spending so much time apart, so we'll see how that goes. This will be our longest flight with Simon since bringing him home and a very different kind of trip than we've taken before with him, which should make it... well... interesting. (Hoping and wishing for exciting and fun and fabulous and the first of many, many international family trips, but don't worry, I'm not totally fooling myself about how hard traveling with a toddler can be - we're just as prepared for a few meltdowns and a lot of time spent in our hotel room). Anyhow, I am still looking forward to it, but I'm not entirely sure Ryan is.
And so it goes.
Simon is growing and changing and learning and entertaining us at every turn. These days it's all about counting and letters. Everywhere we go, he points out the letters and numbers on signs. Can't read a book without stopping to identify the letters. Can't eat without counting the number of pieces on his plate... We even hear him counting and reciting letters while he plays in his crib before and after naps/bedtime! So amongst all the crazy, there are some really sweet, calm moments, and we are definitely taking the time to embrace them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment