As I imagine is the case for many of you, the stories and images of the situation in Haiti continue to fill my mind. The devastation is heartbreaking, yet so hard to fathom. The unfairness and particular cruelty of a disaster striking, once again, people who are least equipped to handle it.
While a million thoughts race through my mind and story after story tugs at my heart, the stories about those families who are in the process of adopting children from Haiti (like this and this) strike a special chord. For all the ups and downs of international adoption and all the crazy scenarios we try to prepare for as adoptive parents, I don't think I could have ever imagined something like this... let alone know how to cope.
There are no shortage of great organizations providing help in Haiti now and I am so grateful to see so many of my friends and family and colleagues supporting these efforts. For those who wish to help orphans and other children in Haiti, here are a few organizations whose work focuses on children in need.
Center of Hope
Save the Children
Unicef
World Vision
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It is truly heart breaking. I was watching a news report concerning the impact on the children of Haiti this evening -- such repeated devastation.
Lisa
Post a Comment