So (and I feel like I say this a lot on here these days) it's been a while since we've posted. No excuses really... we've mostly just been trying to enjoy these last days of summer and the good weather that finally came our way, and that has meant as little less time at the computer. Add a short trip to Napa to celebrate Ry's birthday and some flirting with facebook (though I still don't really think I'm a facebook sort of gal)... and, well, guzo has been neglected a bit.
And I'm not even sure anyone is checking in on us anymore (can't really blame people for giving up on us), but I do want to keep this blog alive, even if it is not quite as up-to-date and detailed as it once was. It is, after all, our "baby book" for Simon: a keepsake of sorts, a record of our journey to meet Simon and our first year (so far) together.
And to that last point, we are coming up on one year of being together. Just an amazing thing really. We have lived a lifetime in the past year and yet it also has gone by so quickly (something I've marveled about before).
But gone is the baby we brought home last September. He is all little boy now. Running around, chattering up a storm (most of which we can't really understand, but he's got a lot to say!), climbing on every piece of furniture, and entertaining us with his dancing, singing, laughing, and silliness. He is curious, determined... a little mischievous (well, maybe a lot mischievous)... sweet, energetic, funny. He LOVES to cook (he didn't get that from me) and will happily ask you to read him the same book over and over again. He's developing an obsession with Thomas the Train. And he can always make you smile.

7 comments:
Can't believe that a year has gone by--our sweet baby has grown into an amazing toddler who we love so very much!! What a happy year it's been!!
Love Grandma & Grandpa G
Please don't stop updating your wonderful family journey. It gives me great pleasure to read about the happiness Simon has brought to you and Ryan.
I remember, I remember!!!!! How can I forget that sweet baby Simon! He has grown so much- but is still absolutely adorable! I can't believe it's been a year!
sweet angel.
I remember! And so does Abigail! Hard to believe that it was more than a year ago that we made a nervous phone call to each other on August 5th, and later my frantic emails trying to figure out how to survive in Ethiopia. And finally meeting you, Ryan, and precious Simon! He was so tiny- such a doll baby. And now look at that big boy!
Keep bloggin- I'll keep reading!
Simon is such a cutie!! Isn't it amazing how fast it all goes by?!
Happy one year together!!
Please keep posting! Your blog is one of my favorites and your story still inspiring. Amazing a year has passed already - he's grown so much. :)
Post a Comment