Sunday, March 1, 2009

words

I realize that I've been sort of a lazy blogger lately... good about getting photos and videos up, but a little short on words.

So here are a few updates for my (five or six) loyal readers and anyone who may have stumbled upon our blog:
  • We move to our new apartment in 11 days. Boxes are starting to surround me, but I still haven't fully digested this fact. I have digested the fact that packing an apartment is a lot harder with a one year old running around.
  • Packing has its benefits. I found my long lost black dress!!
  • The weathermen are predicting up to a foot of snow in NYC overnight tonight. I don't have a lot of faith in the weathermen, but I am still feeling a bit regretful that I haven't managed to replace my old winter boots yet.
  • Simon is getting so close to walking on his own. Really cool or really scary???
  • Wearable or not, these sneakers are definitely coming with me to the new apartment.
  • We have our six month post placement homestudy visit this week.
  • I am craving a beach vacation right now.
  • I spend too much of the little spare time I have researching family-friendly boutique beach hotels.
  • In less than 5 months, Simon has grown about 4 inches and gained 5 pounds.
  • Our baby fish had babies. We are fish great-grandparents (or is it great-grand-fish-parents?)!
  • Despite the chaos, life with Simon, EJ and several dozen fish is fun!

2 comments:

msl said...

Congratulations on moving into your new apartment!! And yep, life takes on new meaning once they are truly up and running!! Really cool and on occasion really scary!
We've got our six month home study this week too.

graceling said...

I like words:) Glad to read the update and see so many happy things. I wonder if I will find Anna's green card when I start packing for the move to John's house? Hmm. Maybe I should start now.