...and better(??) than ever. Well, maybe not. But a little time in St. Lucia never hurt anyone.
So as we wait, we continue to experience a jumble of different emotions.
The practical side of me tells me to try to put the wait out of my mind for now, to focus on other things, to somehow pretend like this does not exist so that one day we will be pleasantly surprised when our caseworker calls to tell us we have been matched to a little boy. But anyone who has gone through this process - and probably anyone who has ever wanted a child at all - knows that that is simply not possible! If anything, the struggle to get through this process has only deepened our feelings, revealed just how much we do want to be parents and how invested we are already in a child whose face we have not yet seen.
Sometimes we cry. Sometimes we vent. Sometimes we say nothing. Sometimes we even laugh - because we need to.
And always we remember that it is worth going through every second of this journey - painful as it may be at times - in order to one day meet the child who is waiting for us.
(edited.3)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I know what you mean. I never even know what to blog anymore b/c I hate to be negative but when you get close and stuff like this happens its SO hard! I have enjoyed reading your blog (I found it on the FBI list). I hope they open stuff back up this week or next and you will get your referral etc!!
Right there with ya, sister!
I am glad you had a nice trip. I hope it lifted your spirits. I think you did/are doing exactly what you should be doing - somehow finding hope through the anxious time and wait, cherishing the time together.
Rebecca
I can't wait until you get the call!! It will be so soon and it will all come together that the timing was exactly right ;)
Being invested is painful...but good!!! :) Thinking of you guys. How's EJ holding up?
Just remember. This is real. It's gonna happen. And it's gonna take your breath away, so breath now and enjoy this time of anticipation as best as you can even though it's crazy hard to do. It's so hard but it's a time for sweet dreams too. It's real. This is going to happen...and in not too long from now, this will seem like forever ago - a time out of real time.
Don't be down, hang on. It's real, I promise, it's the most real thing ever. And it's gonna happen.
Post a Comment