Saturday, February 23, 2008

ugh.

Been catching up on some other Gladney family blogs and noticed that people seem to be waiting longer for court dates these days than they did just a couple of months back. Instead of getting a court date within a month or so of a referral, it's looking more like two. And then there's always the possibility that it will take more than one court date for the adoption to be finalized.

Granted, all of our estimated timeframes are not much more than guesses (and wishes!) and everything changes so quickly when it comes to this process, but if what I'm reading is accurate, I am thinking the likelihood of our having a referral and making it through the courts before they close for the rainy season (typically late Aug. to early Oct.) is not so good. That depresses me.

We have always known that this is a real possibility, but I guess some days it just hits a little harder and seems a little more real. Today is one of those days.

We have been on this roller coaster ride for quite some time now and I imagine there will be lots more bad days and, hopefully, even more good ones. So I am going to try not to let this get to me. Like Jana, I am going to try to embrace hope.

2 comments:

Jana said...

yes. Let's be hopeful together! :)

I think you should buy a little somethin'; if you do--will you post it?

m&r said...

I definitely will... stay tuned :)